While information is the cornerstone of our ability to provide superior service, our most important asset is our customer’s trust. Keeping customer information secure, and using it only as our customers would want us to is a top priority for all of us at Sharp's Audio Visual. Here, then, is our promise to our individual customers:
1. We will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information our customers share with us.
2. We will limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum we require to deliver superior service to our customers, which includes advising our customers about our products, services and other opportunities, and to administer our business.
3. We will permit only authorized employees (see also #4), who are trained in the proper handling of customer information, to have access to that information. Employees who violate our Privacy Promise will be subject to our normal disciplinary process.
4. Whenever we hire other organizations to provide support service, we will require them to conform to our privacy standards and allow us to audit them for compliance.
5. We will not reveal customer information to any external organization unless we have previously informed the customer in disclosures or agreements and be authorized by the customer, or as required by law.
6. We will always maintain control over the confidentiality of our customer information. We may, however, facilitate relevant offers from reputable companies. These companies are not permitted to retain any customer information unless the customer has specifically expressed interest in their products or services.
7. We will always communicate with customers in plain language. We will tell customers how they may remove their names from marketing lists.
8. For purposes of credit reporting, verification and risk management, we will exchange information about our customers with reputable reference sources, credit bureaus and clearinghouse services.
9. We will not use or share –internally or externally- medical information for any purpose other than routine underwriting or administration of a customer’s policy, claim or account or as disclosed to the customer when the information is collected and to which the customer consents.
10. We will attempt to keep customer files complete, up to date, and accurate. We will tell our customers how and where to conveniently access their account information (except when prohibited by law) and how to notify us about errors which we will promptly correct.
We will continuously assess ourselves to ensure that customer privacy is respected. We will conduct business in a maner that fulfills our Promise in the Provinces in which we do business.