Today's Fresh Look Fridays website is a bit of a stray from my usual posting. Rather than being a SINGLE great interactive website, it's actually a site devoted to compiling TONS of good interactive websites out there. As in, you're getting way more bang for your buck on with your Friday afternoon reading.
You can thank me later.
Phys Ed Source is a fantastic website devoted to creating a central location for all things Phys Ed and is run by a tweep of mine: @physedsource.
Reasons why I LOVE this site:
1. It's Canadian run...and even better? Alberta run.
2. Phys Ed is one of those oft-neglated subject areas when it comes to integrating technology into the classroom. Obviously, the unique structure of the class doesn't allow for the same types of technology usage as some of the core classrooms, but that doesn't mean that it needs to be ignored. It just requires a different approach.
3. It truly contains links to thousands of different resources -- guides, tournament schedules, rule books, drills, history, research, assessment and interactive websites.
4. The organization of this website is great. Despite taking on the daunting challenge of logging thousands of resources, I do not find the site to be cumbersome to navigate. Looking for a resource on a specific sport? No problem. Want a quick description of a resource listed before taking the plunge and clicking on the link? That's there too. So wonderful for a Type A personality, such as myself, who can't stand disorganization.
5. They've got something for everyone right from K through 12, and lots for extracurricular participants as well.
6. They've managed to round up some links to interactive activities on the web, which would be great to include for collaboration on a SMART Board (if your Phys Ed department has access to one!):
All in all, a great resource for all Phys Ed teachers and coaches! Please make sure to pass this site on to your colleagues who may find it useful.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone.